Welcome

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is where you'll find my most current work, along with announcements and even some personal photos and stories. For more information, check out my website!

Katie + Matt: Married! {Columbia, IL}

Katie and Matt were married almost 2 weeks ago, on the supposed day of the armageddon, or rapture, or whatever they were calling it. In fact, it was supposed to occur during their ceremony! Instead of the end of the world, we ended up with an absolutely gorgeous May day, that I feel was quite deserved after all the terrible weather we've been putting up with.

The couple had a non-traditional, intimate day. No bridal party, short ceremony (gasp, they didn't have an aisle!), and no tossing of garters or bouquets. They married on the property of a family friend instead of a church. They proved that you can have an un-traditional wedding and it will still be beautiful :)

Katie started out the day getting hair and makeup done by a friend...


Matt was looking dapper in his pink tie...

We did a first look under a canopy of pines...



Her flowers were gorgeous, arranged by Flowers to the People.

Allergic to ragweed? No problem. Katie knew I was going to drag her out into this field and took extra amounts of allergy meds :) What a good bride!








The ceremony was officiated by one of her sisters...


We headed back out for a few more images during dinner to capture the remainder of the glowy light...

Love!






A wedding isn't a wedding without mustaches...

The end! A big thanks to my husband for filling in on this wedding day while my assistant is taking some time off. I love you babe!

Here are some of Katie and Matt's vendors for the day:
Wedding Coordinator: Yara with Plume Events
Cake: McArthurs
Flowers: Flowers to the People

2 comments:

kelly ogreer said...

Katie you are so gorgeous! You groom's cake is fantastic! Great pictures Beth! Can't wait to see more. Miss you Katie girl! love kelly g

Anonymous said...

her bouquet is beautiful. I LOVE peonies. The grooms cake almost looks like a real fish mounted, I did a double take because I was confused at first! Great photos!

Post a Comment