Welcome

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is where you'll find my most current work, along with announcements and even some personal photos and stories. For more information, check out my website!

Emily + Andy: Married!

Hurray! I'm finally posting my first wedding of 2011! This one started out big with two beautiful venues and an awesome couple :) We had a pretty great day for February...it was overcast and a bit chilly...but Emily was a trooper and up for whatever! I almost broke my leg at one point during the day...but I'll tell you about that a little later...

We started the day off in the house where Emily grew up! I loved that we could use her old bedroom as the backdrop for her gown! Her makeup is being done here by Lisa Lipsitz (Looks by Lisa)...she did a fab job making the girls look beautiful!
Emily's bouquet was just so vibrant...and created by the super-awesome Tina Barrera (The Special Event Florist).

How many bridesmaids does it take to pin on a veil? :)

I just love how the little flower girl is looking up to the older one. So cute!



St. Francis Xavier Church at SLU is such a pretty church...






Finally got to pull out my fisheye for the "bridal party on the arch steps" shot :)




Okay...so who's this guy, you might be wondering. Unfortunately I never caught his name...but this random gentleman decided to serenade our bridal party for the entire time we were at this picture location...and no offense...but he was a bit off-key...

Now picture him still singing, while I'm up on this ledge trying to direct my bridal party. I'm not the loudest nor the most comfortable barking orders at people, so I was just doing my best to try and yell over him. I was so distracted that I took a few steps too many to the left, and fell off the ledge.

Luckily, no one caught my snafu on camera...but the bridal party probably got a good laugh out of it. Thank goodness I didn't sprain/break anything. Later at the reception a random guest came up to ask me about my earlier "brush with death". News travels fast at a wedding reception.

But look at the cool bridal party shot I got out of it!

I think this is my fave.

My view on the left, Von's on the right.


The Renaissance Grand Crystal Ballroom is such an elegant place to have your reception.

Here are a few more details from the day...

Thanks so much to my 2nd shooter, Von DeVore, who came through in an emergency!


Look for a slideshow featuring more beautiful images from this wedding later this week!


Until then, here are a few of Emily and Andy's vendors for the day!


Bridal Gown – Simply Elegant, Casablanca

Veil – Simply Elegant

Bridesmaid Dresses – Simply Elegant, Jasmine

Tuxes – Men’s Warehouse

Florist – Tina Barrera/The Special Event Florist

Transportation – Best Transportation

Cake – Sarah’s Cake Shop

DJ – Jeremy Roeder/First Class Weddings

Hair – Studio Branca

Makeup – Looks by Lisa (Lisa Lipsitz)

Ceremony – St. Francis Xavier Church

Reception – Renaissance Grand St. Louis

0 comments:

Post a Comment